Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruth

New Support Group

Hi,

Next month I am attending the first meeting of a brand new gluten-free group in my area.

I've never been to a "support group" for anything. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a successful group -- what sorts of things does the group discuss? Are they formal, with speakers, etc? Or social... just to chat, share experiences and good gluten-free food? I'd like to bring your input with me to the meeting!

I'm sure the group will include people of various ages/in different stages of life (single, parents of gluten-free kids, senior citizens, etc.)

Thanks,

Ruth

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We have two groups here that are amde with many of the same people. The one is big and does a lot of different types meetings like lunch at P.F. Changs, or lecture, or cooking glass, or meeting at a health food store for demonstration. The other group meets at a metting room at a medical center to discuss all sorts of things and have lectures or have food fairs. I wish soemtimes it were more of a talk about how it feels and such but they are big groups so information and food and fun is okay.

Have fun!