Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dfish

Need Help Fast

Hi all! Thought you might be able to help me; I emailed Enterolab and did not receive any response to my question, so I figured I would post it here since so many of you have worked with them. I decided to do Enterolab testing and received my testing materials. I sent away for the Gluten Sensitivity Complete Panel that is including a Milk Sensitivity Test. I received two boxes from them, both with complete testing supplies (ie stool sample collection kits and gene sample collection kits). My question is, do I have to do both tests for both sets I received, or just do one stool sample, one gene sample, and send them back in separate boxes? There isn't anything in my instructions that tells me why they sent two complete kits and the instructions say to send off the gene swabs packaged "just like the stool sample kit", but why would they send me two complete collection kits?

I would like to get these tests done and sent off tomorrow or the day after at the latest because I really, really want the results back so I can figure out what is wrong with me, but I'm not sure what to send back to them and don't want to do something wrong (it's quite a bit of money to waste, as you probably all know!). Any insight from folks who have done Enterolab testing would be great. Also, are they not very good at being contacted or getting back to a person with questions? I emailed them this morning and had hoped for a reply by the end of the day and couldn't find a phone number anywhere to reach them.

Thanks much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello,

I did the EnteroLab test about a year ago and my daughter sent hers off a couple of weeks ago. We only received the one box and returned one stool sample with the swabs in an envelope in that same box. We both also had the complete panel. I think they must have made an error when they sent you two boxes. I emailed them a couple of times and they responded the next day.

Good Luck and hope this hellps you! :rolleyes:

Most likely it is an error in shipping. You should have only got one box, unless there are two people who need to be thested. They will charge you for the one test that you send back. I had my shipment delayed by the mail delivery, and when we thought it was lost, they sent another. They don't charge your account until they receive the test kit back to you...They only need the one stool sample and the one pack of gene swabs.

Remember to read the instructions carefully for the return shipping dates. It has to be sent back to them on a certain day of the week in order to insure they get it before the weekend. Your sample can be kept tightly sealed in the freezer if it is not the correct shipping day.

God bless,

Mariann

Guest barbara3675

Used Enterolab with great results last fall. They must have just have made a mistake sending you two kits. Just use one of them and keep the other. Do EXACTLY as it says and be sure, as a former person says, to note that you can only send in the specimens on the early days of the week. I received my results in less than two weeks via email. I did have a question and they got back to me via email also, but not in one day. They are very busy people. Best wishes to you.....Barbara

I used enterolab and have emailed them before. It took several days or maybe longer, but they did get back in touch with me.

When I did enterolab, it showed gluten sensitivity, but it was a very low number. I did the malabsorption test, which showed I had malabsorption. I showed the results to my physician and he did blood work. I just found out today the blood work was also postiive for gluten sensitivity.

Martha Ann