Rate this topic

Are all cleaning products gluten and soy free?? Do I have to check on things like dish soap, hand wash, purell and soaps? I've been cleaning like crazy since going gluten and allergy free and the products scare me. I'm trying not to be overly paranoid like a crazy person but I freak out about everything and whether or not it will make me sick. Going over to other people's houses I worry about their soap and all that. Do I need to worry about all this?

I do know that Softsoap and Kiss My Face moisture soaps are gluten free. I personally use all of Seventh Generation cleaning products. They are very natural and hypoallergenic...They are kind of pricey when you buy them, but they last longer than the other cleaning products.

I use the Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products, specifically: the window cleaner, bathroom scrub, countertop cleaner, general floor cleaner, and laundry detergent. I have used them for quite a while now, and haven't ever had a problem.

For bar soap, I use Tom's of Maine and have for years.

Not all cleaning products are gluten free, and even if they are....you can find irritation because your immune system is somewhat compromised.

Hope this helps.

Guest CHall60

Hello:

I asked about soaps, shampoos, and other cleansers and such, and was told by my GI Doc and a Registered Dietician, that unless you ingest it, it need not be gluten free. Outside of common allergies to substances and chemicals, your Celiac Disease would not be affected by gluten external to your body.