Birdie_Is_Tiny

Shampoos/nail Polish?

Rate this topic

This might be covered else-where in the forum, but does anyone have handy a list of gluten free shampoos and conditioners? I've been using Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship. I also use L'Oreal SKin Genesis face wash.

Also does nail polish containing gluten really pose a threat? How about nail polish removers? If so I'll need to replace my nail polish... I've been using OPI Nail Envy which is apparently not gluten-free and I've been feeling sick recently and searching for whatever it is that's still sneaking in. I'd love a cheap trustworthy brand for stuff like this, I'm a college student which means I'm poor! :P Anyway I ask because my family is already somewhat dubious when I try to explain how hurtful cross-contamination really is. My sister thinks I'm just trying to get attention and my dad doesn't really get it, so I just wanted to verify that I'm not going crazy and this stuff can really get you sick!

Thanks so much!

This might be covered else-where in the forum, but does anyone have handy a list of gluten free shampoos and conditioners? I've been using Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship. I also use L'Oreal SKin Genesis face wash.

Also does nail polish containing gluten really pose a threat? How about nail polish removers? If so I'll need to replace my nail polish... I've been using OPI Nail Envy which is apparently not gluten-free and I've been feeling sick recently and searching for whatever it is that's still sneaking in. I'd love a cheap trustworthy brand for stuff like this, I'm a college student which means I'm poor! :P Anyway I ask because my family is already somewhat dubious when I try to explain how hurtful cross-contamination really is. My sister thinks I'm just trying to get attention and my dad doesn't really get it, so I just wanted to verify that I'm not going crazy and this stuff can really get you sick!

Thanks so much!

I am looking for the very same advice- I have stopped using make-up all together because I am trying to figure out what keeps sneaking in... along with make-up- shampoo, soap/face wash, toothpaste and shaving cream are the body products I don't know what to do about... hopefully someone will have some good pointers!

Suave and Dove will clearly list gluten ingredients. Garneir is another good company for labeling. I use their shampoos and conditioners with no issues. Giovanni is another good company with a lot of their products being gluten free, if not all, but they do use a lot of soy.

Burt's Bees makes a number of safe products and if you do a board search for makeup there is a real long thread on a company that makes a mineral line that is safe. I found one thread on the them-

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=41099