This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Numb Hands

dnwiebe

dnwiebe Newbie

I was hoping someone could shed some light on my particular issue. I was diagnosed with celiac 2 months ago. In the last few days, I've noticed that my hands have been going numb. Although it is mostly the pinky and ring finger, it does stretch into my palm. The wierd part is that I was sent for celiac testing to begin with because my hands were going dark blue... although I never thought it was Raynauds (I have a friend with Raynauds/Celiac). The blueness stopped after about a week (gluten-free diet maybe?). I don't know if that's related to my numbness now. Anywho, I'm only 21 and otherwise really healthy... should I be seeing a Dr or someone about this? I'm starting to get a little worried.

Thanks!

Danielle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

You might want to try taking some sublingual B12 and see if that helps. Many of us need to supplement especially in the beginning. If you are low in B12 the nerves don't fire correctly. If it continues after a short time on the B12 do get it checked out by your doctor.

dogle Apprentice

I had the same problem but in my big toes; I used to pinch them with a needle deeply and I wouldn't feel pain, I was scared; but I started taking vitmins and a few weeks after, I tried to pinch them again and I just jumped out of the chair from pain

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Grandma anna
    Newest Member
    Grandma anna
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• JoeBlow
      For 16 years I have relied on the website glutenfreedrugs.com to determine if a pharmaceutical is gluten-free. The website has been down for at least a week. Does anyone have any information about this outage, the status of the website founder and maintainer pharmacist Steven A. Plogsted or a phone number? I did not get a response for my email to glutenfreedrugs@gmail.com in October of 2022. Steven did respond to my emails in 2012. Thanks.
    • Beverage
      Sounds like you are in the UK. With blood numbers that high, I thought docs in UK would give an official diagnosis without the biopsy. You should ask about that, so you can get support faster.  I'd try to find and print out anything that supports that in your country, get another appointment and take all of it with you. Even in the US now, some docs are doing this, my 19 year old step granddaughter got an official diagnosis here in US with just blood results a few months ago.
    • Beverage
      Is soy sauce in Korea also made from wheat like it usually is in US? I'd be concerned that even if asking about gluten, they would not be aware of or think of some like that. 
    • trents
      That's a good idea. It can at least establish the potential for developing celiac disease and can help people decided between a celiac diagnosis and NCGS (Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity). And it doesn't require a gluten challenge and can be had without a doctor's prescription.
    • awright24
      I have my endoscopy on Thursday, has anyone had the procedure done with a cough? I don't have a continuous cough, but every now and then throughout the day I have sort of coughing episodes. They are a lot better than they were but I called endoscopy and they said to speak to my gp and my gp got back to me and said I need to ask endoscopy if its ok if I have it done still.  Help!