merryblonde

How To Trial Gluten

Rate this topic

I figured out that corn is my biggest issue, what is the best way to trial gluten?

eat whole wheat pasta, or make bulgar (can make it into tabbouleh) or couscous. they are all concentrated sources of wheat that do not include other ingredients (aside from ones you add).

I would have two or three servings of a wheat based food every day for at least a week, and see what happens. once that week is up, go gluten free again, for at least two weeks (four would be far better), and see how that again may change the picture. the biggest thing is to be very patient!

eat whole wheat pasta, or make bulgar (can make it into tabbouleh) or couscous. they are all concentrated sources of wheat that do not include other ingredients (aside from ones you add).

I would have two or three servings of a wheat based food every day for at least a week, and see what happens. once that week is up, go gluten free again, for at least two weeks (four would be far better), and see how that again may change the picture. the biggest thing is to be very patient!

Just checking, we aren't talking about the corn "gluten" here, are we?

There are some (older, if I remember correctly) cookbooks/foodie books that I've seen that talk about gluten in corn.

It isn't the same thing.

Margaret

Just checking, we aren't talking about the corn "gluten" here, are we?

There are some (older, if I remember correctly) cookbooks/foodie books that I've seen that talk about gluten in corn.

It isn't the same thing.

Margaret

True. I was assume thing the original poster meant that corn is the problem and it's time to try gluten again to see if t *won't* cause a problem. But clarifying would be good! :)

True. I was assume thing the original poster meant that corn is the problem and it's time to try gluten again to see if t *won't* cause a problem. But clarifying would be good! :)

I'm not sure what corn gluten is, but Corn in all it's forms, is my main problem. I want to find out if wheat/rye/barley based gluten is a problem.

I'm not sure what corn gluten is, but Corn in all it's forms, is my main problem. I want to find out if wheat/rye/barley based gluten is a problem.

I'm making whole wheat bread with fresh ground wheat, and ingredients I know are safe (salt, water, sugar, oil, red star yeast)