MichelleV

100% gluten-free Bakery - Minneapolis/saint Paul Area

Rate this topic

http://www.cooqiglutenfree.com/

My husband and I have been living in Minnesota for a few months now. We moved from Las vegas Nevada. Where my supply of Gluten free food came from Whole Foods health food store. And once in a while I got to go to a restraunt that had a gluten free menu as a treat. I have always had a weakness for Donuts and when I was diagnosed a couple years back, I was always sad cause I have not had them sense.

Living in the Minneapolis area now a much larger city, the idea struck me why not google and search maybe they will have something. And I came across this. A Gluten free bakery. It is 100% gluten free and I took a trip down there and the food was amazing. I had a Orange cranberry muffin, A pumpkin bar with cream cheese frosting. And my husband who does not have celiac disease had a Brownie. He too said it was really good. That he could not even tell it wasn't just a normal brownie. We also got a loaf of sourdough bread to bring home.

Their items had flavor, were light, moist, and I know I will return there again. Granted it is kind of expensive for those few things. We spent around $15. But I still think for once in awhile it is quite a treat for someone who doesnt get to eat these things often. They serve their Donuts on Mondays and I know I will be going back to sample them as well. :-) If you live in the area I would definitly recommend trying this place out!

This bakery is now out of business, but still makes pizza crusts for local restaurants.

http://www.cooqiglutenfree.com/

There is a great bakery south of Mall of America. It's called Bittersweet Bakery in Eagan, MN. Their wesite is: www.bittersweetgf.com. I love their sandwich bread, banana bread and peanut butter cookies. Need to place your order before you go, though they do have cookies and a few other items available for drop in customers.