horsegirl

Monolaurin

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if this is the right area for this topic, so bear with me. Moderators, feel free to move this elsewhere if necessary.

Has anyone used monolaurin (one brand name is Lauricidin) to help with issues such as immune system problems? My new D.O. suggested using it to kill off microbes that might have infested my body including viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc. This in turn is supposed to help my gut digest things better, & possibly even reduce the inflammatory response to some foods (not gluten though).

The research sounds intriguing, so I figured I'd ask if anyone has experience with it. Thanks!

I was diagnoses with Fibro a few years ago and newly diagnosed as Celiac December 23rd. I have never taken what you mentioned but have taken something to get rid of the yeast build up in my body. I also have taken Anti-Yeast from the Fibro-Clinic. I went there many times for treatment. Was on tons of supplements, cortisol, hormone creams, thyroid meds. The most recent time that I went they put me on a diet consisting of mainly meat and veggies. This is the best that I ever felt in years. I stopped going to the clinic and now see a wonderful pcp who has diagnosed me with celiac through blood work and endoscopy. I am hoping that my aches and pains decrease after starting the gluten free diet. My symptoms started as a child..Hope this helps.