Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kthies2

Is This Reaction Normal?

I have been gluten-free for some time and wanted to "test" it to see if gluten is really an issue for me. I ate a slice of bread last night around 7pm. Had a little bloating and discomfort but nothing major until I woke up at 6am. Then had some more severe bloating and gas which has stuck with me still and its now noon. Could that still be a reaction to gluten? I'm not sure of anything anymore!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeah, reactions can occur a day or so later and hang on for days. My typical reaction is a headache, and then the next day, the GI symptoms kick in and last for about a week or so.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Yea that sounds pretty typical, don't be surprised if you have D at some point in the next day or two.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)