madiva87

Not Sure What To Make Of Tests....Can Someone Help?

Rate this topic

Back in 1995 I had an ANA test done which was positive (1:160) and my family doctor said I had lupus. A Rheumatologist said I did not. Then in 2006 I had a followup test for Anti Thyroglobulin which was 147 (normal being less than 40). I have been on levoxyl since. Also I tested positive for IGg at 23 (weak positive) but negative on the IGa. I had a bone density test done in December because of the Hashimoto Thyroiditis. I was told I had Ostepenia now with low bone density. When I met with the Rheum. Dr. last week he said he thinks I may have Celiac disease. I'm so confused. Today I made an appt to meet with my family doctor. Does any of these results make sense?? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. This is a major change if its celiac. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Back in 1995 I had an ANA test done which was positive (1:160) and my family doctor said I had lupus. A Rheumatologist said I did not. Then in 2006 I had a followup test for Anti Thyroglobulin which was 147 (normal being less than 40). I have been on levoxyl since. Also I tested positive for IGg at 23 (weak positive) but negative on the IGa. I had a bone density test done in December because of the Hashimoto Thyroiditis. I was told I had Ostepenia now with low bone density. When I met with the Rheum. Dr. last week he said he thinks I may have Celiac disease. I'm so confused. Today I made an appt to meet with my family doctor. Does any of these results make sense?? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. This is a major change if its celiac. Thanks in advance for your help!!

I was diagnosed with Lupus, which I dont have, hypothyroid and osteopenia and osteoporosis, and some other things, which all turned out to be related to Celiac, which I do have.

Be thankful that your doctor understands the related issues and will be testing you. Many here had to suffer for years before being tested. It makes total sense to be tested with your other problems. Good luck,and you will find many helpful people here :D

they tested me for lupus and celiac at the same time since symptoms are similiar. (i already have hypothyroidism). its great that they are really looking into celiac... as it took me several doctors and over 13 years! you could also give up gluten and see how you feel. best wishes! :)