Imanistj

Prometheus Lab Reports

Rate this topic

It is likely that I have been misdiagnosed with celiac disease and I am now waiting for retesting results. This doctor used Prometheus Labs and I am very impatient waiting for the results. I had the blood drawn (in NY State) a week ago and so far there are no reported results. The office staff says it takes a long time to receive reports form the lab. I read the special instructions on the back of the lab request sheet. It says the specimen should be sent to California by overnight FedEx and the turn around time is four days after the lab receives the specimen. The test ordered was the serum for celiac disease and I assume the result will be faxed rather than snail mailed. How long have any of you had to wait for results from Prometheus? I have been tormented by the original (probable) misdiagnosis since last August. I have been stressed since then, first with learning all I could about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet, coping with the diet for several months, then resuming eating gluten (that part was just fine with me) and waitig until I could be retested. I don't feel any different on or off gluten and just want to put all this uncertainty behind me. I really think I have been misdiagnosed, and so does my current doctor, and I want to get a definitive answer. Even if I do have celiac and have to return to the miserable gluten-free diet, knowing one way or another will ease some of the stress.

Prometheus did my testing, and their turn around was what it said on the back of the test. And you're right, they fax. :) My doctor mailed me a letter telling me the result, so from time of blood draw to receipt of his letter... 10 days maybe. This was about a year and a half ago, but my results were in within their time frame.