kellirae

Job Interview With Lunch

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

So here's the situation. I have a second interview for a job. The email I received said in addition to my interview schedule we would have lunch. I am waiting to hear from the secretary to schedule the interview, etc. so I haven't had a chance to ask any questions. My plan was to ask her if we would be going out to lunch or if they were planning to order in (some places around campus will do pizza or something simple just so everyone can meet and ask questions). If lunch was not going to be at a restaurant I was going to ask about the details and if it's something I can't eat I was just going to mention that I have a food allergy and that I would bring my own lunch. Is this okay? I really want a shot at the job and don't want to ruin it, but I also don't want to get sick? Any suggestions on the etiquette for such a situation?

Thanks!

Kelli

I think you have the right plan. Work out the details with the secretary. You have a plan to supply your own food if neccessary. This could turn out to be a positive in your interview. :D It shows how you manage obstacles quickly, effectively and without drama. :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

and I hope you get some BIG MONEY!

Thanks for your support! Makes me feel better to know others think my plan makes sense!

I've been gluten free for over 5 years and it makes perfect sense. If it is at a restaurant, call the place during the hours it is not busy and work something out with the chef/kitchen staff so you don't have to deal with any extra drama during your interview.

How you interact with others is the reason of the face to face interview. I assume you want to keep this part your own personal business. If your cover gets blown, how you deal with this on a daily basis could show how well you manage the details. ;)