TGisgluten free

North La. Celiacs

Rate this topic

Just found out that I was Celiac about a year ago. For a long time I felt very alone. Now I am starting to find out that there are others like me. If you or anyone you know are in the North Louisiana area please let me know. Thanks for all the wonderful info and contacts you can give me.

Let me start with; I am not in n. La, but I know how it is to feel alone with this. I am the only person in my family diagnosed with this disease and therefore the only person on a specialized diet and hygienes (Dh dictates all products I use are gluten free). Makes socializing difficult. I spent five years in complete denial until just last month when my current dr confirmed what I doubted. I'm having to shift my focus, from a previously mouth-oriented social butterfly and provider to activity driven new me. It's a process and a discovery that transforms how I enteract. These forums have been helpful. Just reading other posts I feel less isolated. I don't know if it helps much, but it seems you're on the right track checking into these forums. I hope La opens up for you. Until then, may these forums and others provide solace