Rate this topic

Hello-

First time poster, but I've been lurking for a few months.

I was wondering how long it took for the biopsy results for Celiac's? I had the biopsy yesterday. The doctor perormed a colonoscopy and a upper endoscopy because I have very low vitamin D levels (13), low potassium, and anemia (he thought maybe I had an ulcer).

Afterwards the doc said that everythign looked good, we just have to wait for biopsy results and I know that he has suspected Celiac's at least once, but the blood test was negative...

What will results tell me? I have been fatigued, depressed, and achey for years while gaining weight and not really knowing why!

Any thoughts/advice/info is appreciated.

Thanks!

It could take a week or two. Meanwhile, since your done testing go ahead and give the diet a good strict try. You need to do this no matter what the test results are as false negatives with blood and biopsy are all too common.

I agree with Ravenwoodglass. Many folks test negative, either because spots were missed in the intestine (it's like 30 ft long!) or because you have gluten intolerance, which is a baby case of Celiac, but has the same symptoms. The fix for both is a strict gluten free diet. You have nothing to lose by trying it!