book-worm

Worried, Major! Weight Loss, Normal?

Rate this topic

Just looking for a bit of input hear.

I

I had some weight to spare when we first suspected celiac. When I went gluten-free I lost forty pounds in very short order and had everyone worried. Could never eat enough to stave off hunger and still eat all the time presently but after a year have finally reached a set point. Everyone thinks I am too skinny but I am now much healthier than ever before diagnosis. I now have little bodyfat and do tire if I don't keep up with the calorie intake so I am still concerned. I figure I still need to feed the healing. I cannot tolerate anything more than what is outlined here in the specific carb diet and cannot tolerate even the goat's milk yogurt that I thought I could eat for a while. Fruits, veggies and meats are about it for now. So, yes, I experienced a rapid weight loss initially and am still trying to put some weight back on. It showed very obviously in my face to most who knew me and that created much cause for concern.

Since going gluten free I've lost 35 pounds. They say that most people gain weight but I think that's just a generalization. I wouldn't worry unless you start to look ill or something. I've only been gluten-free since October.