dhiltonlittle

Celiac Panel Results

Rate this topic

got my results back from the test. what exactly does it mean!

IGA, Serum = 388 (in range) ref range 81-463 mg/dL

Tissue Transglutam AB IGA <3 (in range) ref range <5 U/mL

Gliadin AB (IGA) 39 (out of range) ref range < 11 U/mL

Your test results were postive. If your not having a scope go ahead and give the diet a good strict trial.

Your test results were postive. If your not having a scope go ahead and give the diet a good strict trial.

thanks for the reply, i had a scope done a few weeks ago and go in for the results tuesday. he said after the procedure that he didn't see any of the usual signs of celiac but that i did have some irratation. he took some samples and sent them in. i have really only been feeling bad since october after a major virus which i read could trigger celiac. is that enough time for enough damage to be done to show up on a scope?

thanks for the reply, i had a scope done a few weeks ago and go in for the results tuesday. he said after the procedure that he didn't see any of the usual signs of celiac but that i did have some irratation. he took some samples and sent them in. i have really only been feeling bad since october after a major virus which i read could trigger celiac. is that enough time for enough damage to be done to show up on a scope?

Possibly but many times especially in the earlier stages damage can be patchy and get missed with biopsies. Since you are done with testing go ahead and get on the diet. With positive blood tests you really should go gluten free no matter what the biopsy results. I hope your feeling better really soon.