Jeffiner

My Blood Test Results, Could This Be Caused By Any Other Condition?

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with a weak positive blood test. I went gluten free for two weeks then went back on the gluten for a month to have the biopsy. It was done last Thursday and I am to call for the results tomorrow. The doctor said that it didn't look like it to him but we would have to wait for the results to be sure. Only one item on my blood test was raised, could any other condition cause it to be elevated? I have had vomiting and loose bowels for several years now. I would think that if it was celiac disease, the scope would have shown damage that could be seen? I know they need to look under a microscope for damage to the villi but he said that it would usually look scalloped and mine didn't.

Here are the blood results. I hope they are clear enough to read.

l_1d7a5dfe551345f68752dddb50fc5aa6.jpg

So, was anyone told that they looked normal at the time of the scope but got a positive after it was sent to the lab?

Here's the thing: a weak positive is like being a little bit pregnant. You either are, are you aren't. Yours was positive. With endoscopies, they take 6 samples from about 35 feet of intestines. It's completely possible to have a negative scope and still have Celiac or gluten intolerance.

Here's the thing: a weak positive is like being a little bit pregnant. You either are, are you aren't. Yours was positive. With endoscopies, they take 6 samples from about 35 feet of intestines. It's completely possible to have a negative scope and still have Celiac or gluten intolerance.

Too bad we can't send Celiac Disease of on it's own after 18 years.........not that I am trying to get rid of my kids. lol

Yes there are a few conditions where ttg can be raised. like with autoimmune liver disease, diabetes and giardiasis.

I would think those things have been ruled out by now, since you have been ill for many years..