tomtom009

Real Bad Stomach Pains

Rate this topic

So I am on day 13 of being gluten free and last night was a terror. At around 2AM I started having these sharp shooting pains in my stomach, pretty much on my sides and the upper part. I eventually fell asleep and now I woke up about an hour ago and still have them. Anybody ever deal with this? Can I take Rolaids, Tums?

Do you thinks it's gas Tom? You can try some peppermint tea if it is. Or Peppermint Altoid mints. I've had plenty of pain all over my abdomen. Lots of times I think it is gas and pressure on irritated intestines. Enough gas trapped in the sotmach can cause pain too. The peppermint can help in getting gas out.

You are at the begining stages of adjusting to the diet. It might help to avoid all sugar for a while, and try a pro-biotic. Eat simple foods also, nothing processed or heavily spiced. Pepto Bismol can help with intestinal pain also.

So I am on day 13 of being gluten free and last night was a terror. At around 2AM I started having these sharp shooting pains in my stomach, pretty much on my sides and the upper part. I eventually fell asleep and now I woke up about an hour ago and still have them. Anybody ever deal with this? Can I take Rolaids, Tums?

Could it be your gallbladder? That sounds like the pains I had when I had a stone.

I don't think it's a stone.. I've never had pain before, I'm only 28 years old, I'm skinny and I've (more or less) eaten healthy all my life. It doesn't feel like gas, It's something else. Someone had asked if I had worked out in the last few days and I have. He mentioned it could be a result of the exercise and the pressure I put on my core. The good thing is it's not getting worse and slowly better.

Good to hear it is getting better Tom! Things can be sort of back and forth with this diet, and sometimes at the beginning it seems like progress is slow. If you continue to have pain you should talk to a doctor about it. It also might help to read up on elimination diets, if it goes on for a long time. And keep reading here, there is lots to learn on this site!