Roda

Inlaws

Rate this topic

After my EGD today I've been a little disappointed. I thought I was doing good. Anyway, my husband is wanting to plan another weekend trip over the mountain, through the woods to grandma's house. I did not have a good visit last time as I did not feel well. I told hubby that next time I was bringing/making all of my food, and figured mil would get offended, but couln't chance it. Well I talked to her tonight and told her in leiu of everything, not to try and accomidate me that I would take care of myself. She was actually very happy :rolleyes: I told her I would clean off part of the counter and feed myself. When I am at my parents my mom lets me clean the kitchen and do all of the cooking. What a good mom! :wub: Plus she enjoys being taken care of for the week. So this is a huge weight lifted for me, because I did not want another stressed visit.

Good for YOU! Sometimes just speaking up for yourself really is all that it takes!

Good for YOU! Sometimes just speaking up for yourself really is all that it takes!

I think she was as relieved as I was. I guess I shouldn't assume things. I've always tried to stay clear of confrontation with her cause it can get uncomfortable. But I think next visit will be much better.

Lucky you. On Easter I ate ham with nothing else. Couldn't even eat the potatos au graten. I wish I could just do the cooking. <_<

Lucky you. On Easter I ate ham with nothing else. Couldn't even eat the potatos au graten. I wish I could just do the cooking. <_<

Hi,

I'm so proud of you for taking care of your own health first. After being on this diet for several years, I can honestly say that taking our own food along is really the only way we can be sure that we will be safe. I noticed last week as I tried to explain to a friend that I would bring my own lunch when I come to her house next week for a group luncheon, that she was highly resistant, until I just kept pressing the point that these food intolerances are serious. Up to then she apparently hadn't even known I had food intolerances, but now she does, and I will tell her more as time goes by, even though I've known her for years and years. It takes patience, persistence, and the belief that we are worth the fight that it takes to convince people that our own health must come before anything else if we are to truly survive and thrive. Good work! Welda

Well, it's that time again for another trip to the inlaws. Last one didn't go as planned. Anyway, now with me being extra careful, I absoulutely told her I wouldn't eat anything! She obviously doen't understand what that means because she kept asking my husband for a week straight if I could eat this or that! :blink: He finaly said to her to shut up about it that she is not going to eat anything but what she makes because it is easier that way! I am planning on taking my new electric skillet to cook in and get a bunch of produce from the store when we get there. I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself! :lol: Hubby and I were talking about how she would deal with it if it were our kids. He and I both said that she would have to get over it if she wanted to see them.

• Upvote 1

After my EGD today I've been a little disappointed. I thought I was doing good. http://www.celiac.co...had-repeat-egd/ Anyway, my husband is wanting to plan another weekend trip over the mountain, through the woods to grandma's house. I did not have a good visit last time as I did not feel well. I told hubby that next time I was bringing/making all of my food, and figured mil would get offended, but couln't chance it. Well I talked to her tonight and told her in leiu of everything, not to try and accomidate me that I would take care of myself. She was actually very happy :rolleyes: I told her I would clean off part of the counter and feed myself. When I am at my parents my mom lets me clean the kitchen and do all of the cooking. What a good mom! :wub: Plus she enjoys being taken care of for the week. So this is a huge weight lifted for me, because I did not want another stressed visit.

You go girl!!!!

Loey