mrsshew

Feeling Worse?

Rate this topic

I apologize, I tried posting this earlier this evening but don't see it anywhere? First post, so totally probable that I did something wrong.

It has not even been a full week since my doc asked me to go gluten free. I've been having stomach issues that are progressively getting worse (not alarmingly fast, but a noted change recently). I'd given up dairy hoping that it would resolve the issues (pain, bloating, not hungry for several days at a time) and it has helped, but not made it go away.

Anyway, I went through a total food/spice/dressings/etc cleanse in my kitchen and stocked "safe" foods with the help of a gluten free friend. However, these past few days I am feeling WORSE than before? I feel even more full all of the time, semi-bloated and just lethargic.

Are these normal detoxing signs as the levels slowly go down in my system?

First of all, welcome to the forum! I have gained so much valuable insight here.

I'm really interested in this topic, too. I just went gluten free following my endo/biopsy on Fri., April 9. I felt amazingly well yesterday...better than I have felt in months and I wasn't living in the bathroom, which had become my most used room in the house. tongue.gif That in and of itself was a huge blessing!!! No clue what today will hold.

So I'm thinking, is this just a fluke? Am I in for a crash after I've been gluten free for awhile? I realize that no two people are alike after eliminating gluten. I'd love to hear of other people's experience after going gluten free.

Today I'm going to work some more on my kitchen to make it gluten free...time to get rid of some 40+ year old Tupperware, old wooden spoons, crappy non-stick cookware, etc. since today I have to put my garbage out.

I apologize, I tried posting this earlier this evening but don't see it anywhere? First post, so totally probable that I did something wrong.

It has not even been a full week since my doc asked me to go gluten free. I've been having stomach issues that are progressively getting worse (not alarmingly fast, but a noted change recently). I'd given up dairy hoping that it would resolve the issues (pain, bloating, not hungry for several days at a time) and it has helped, but not made it go away.

Anyway, I went through a total food/spice/dressings/etc cleanse in my kitchen and stocked "safe" foods with the help of a gluten free friend. However, these past few days I am feeling WORSE than before? I feel even more full all of the time, semi-bloated and just lethargic.

Are these normal detoxing signs as the levels slowly go down in my system?

I went gluten free last month and noticed a huge difference almost immediately.Im not sure if your symptoms can be from the gluten-free diet,but Im guessing that they arent.Could it be something else,and not a gluten sensitivity?