bittykitty

Gluten Challenge Pre-Biopsy

Rate this topic

My biopsy is on the 23rd..I've gone back to eating gluten until after the testing is done.My symptoms,however,seem to have completely reversed from what happened before I went gluten-free last year.

Now having fine motor control issues..tremors,numbness and tingling in hands,arm,leg,feet on left side.Exhaustion is still there,but it seems to be more muscle related now,rather than brain fog..have trouble moving my legs sometimes and my neck/back ache terribly.Stomach pain is much, much worse and I get sick thinking about food..before going gluten-free last year I was always hungry, and actually gained a huge amount of weight(like 70 pounds).

Can symptoms change over time like this?

I would say it's definitely possible. I would call your doc right now and let him know your symptoms. Gluten challenges are barbaric. Maybe he will accept diagnosis based on your reactions?

I would say it's definitely possible. I would call your doc right now and let him know your symptoms. Gluten challenges are barbaric. Maybe he will accept diagnosis based on your reactions?

Rant,sorry:

I described it to someone as breaking a leg a year ago,realizing it didn't heal right, and going to the doctor,who then asks you to hit it with a hammer everyday for a few weeks and go for a jog,so they can be sure it's really your leg,even though you limped in there like a lame horse,begging to be shot.

Talked to the doctor..he says it's an adrenaline reaction to the gluten("fight or flight"),and not something more serious.Just wondering how much pain I have to go through to actually find someone in the medical community who takes it seriously.Who would fake being able to be crippled by a sugar cookie?Not like someone can score disability or pain medications off this.

With all due respect, your doctor is an idiot. I was undiagnosed for 10 years, and then once I was diagnosed tried desperately to find answers through medical professionals, Western MD's. What I learned through the process is I don't give a darn what a doctor would say. YOU know your body better than anyone. I will not put my body through the additional trauma of a gluten challenge, because gluten almost killed me. and then my IDIOT doctors wanted me to continue to consume gluten after positive tests.

Celiac is not black and white, and docs only deal in black and white. They hate gray.

Disclaimer: I don't hate doctors. I think that doctors are really good for broken bones and strep throat and all the black and white afflictions. And I absolutley love my new doctor that I searched high and low for. He's a DO, still an MD, and I think that's the difference.

My friend, I hope you make it through the challenge in one piece. AT the same time, I know there are lots here that couldn't do it. There are some doctors that will diagnose based on positive dietary response and your reaction to the challenge.

First I've ever heard of an "adrenaline reaction to gluten" ;) Doc is FOS IMHO ;)

With all due respect, your doctor is an idiot. I was undiagnosed for 10 years, and then once I was diagnosed tried desperately to find answers through medical professionals, Western MD's. What I learned through the process is I don't give a darn what a doctor would say. YOU know your body better than anyone. I will not put my body through the additional trauma of a gluten challenge, because gluten almost killed me. and then my IDIOT doctors wanted me to continue to consume gluten after positive tests.

Celiac is not black and white, and docs only deal in black and white. They hate gray.

Disclaimer: I don't hate doctors. I think that doctors are really good for broken bones and strep throat and all the black and white afflictions. And I absolutley love my new doctor that I searched high and low for. He's a DO, still an MD, and I think that's the difference.

My friend, I hope you make it through the challenge in one piece. AT the same time, I know there are lots here that couldn't do it. There are some doctors that will diagnose based on positive dietary response and your reaction to the challenge.

First I've ever heard of an "adrenaline reaction to gluten" ;) Doc is FOS IMHO ;)

I've been through so many doctors, and if doing this will finally put an end to seeing them for awhile,I'm willing to give it a go.