Nor_TX

Anyone From North Dfw Area?

Rate this topic

I live north of DFW in the Plano area. New to the Gluten free way of living since November. Have good days and bad days. When I started this diet I thought I could sort of cheat when I wanted to, but I have definitely found that when I cheat, I am in so much pain and discomfort I now avoid gluten to the best of my ability. I teach in an elementary school and there are always goodies available brought in by parents. Staff meetings are a buffet disaster waiting to happen. I am steadfast with my almond butter and glutino pretzels... not that I am not secretly lusting over the brownies, cake, nachos and pizza bites. Somehow the crunch of a gluten-free pretzel just doesn't outrank sinking your teeth into a gooey brownie. I know, I know there are gluten-free brownie mixes... but I am trying my best to not let this carb laden diet get out of hand. There are some good stores in our area - Whole Foods and Sprouts. Just wondering if any other Dallas-ites are out there?

Grrr! I didn't want pretzels until you mentioned them. Luckily, I tend to keep a few bags in the pantry...uhm...for the kids. I am in the North Dallas area. If you are in Plano, then you have a lot of good options. We moved out of Plano a few years ago, and I miss Central Market. As a former teacher, I know how much stuff comes into the school, too. I use gluten-free as a reason to justify buying ALL the fruit and veggies I want. Having some sweet berries with a few gluten-free chocolate chips usually does the trick for me.