Lycopene

Question About Dating With Celiac Disease.

Rate this topic

Alright so. In my previous relationship, if I ever kissed my fiancee after she had been eating before she brushed her teeth, I would get glutened. Horribly inconvenient. But she already knew about and I didn't have to tell her.

So, what I'm asking is, what do you guys and gals do about this? I'm pretty sure nobody is going to understand if you stop them from kissing you to say "I'll get sick." or something. That's just not going to work out. Haha. Hoping to have all of this figured out before I start to date again.

Sort of worries me that they'll be thinking "high maintenance" or "full of himself" or something along those lines if I were to bring celiac up on the FIRST date. Eh. I dunno. Darn inconvenient disease. Haha.

Thank you guys. (=

While I don't necessarily need my husband to brush his teeth first, if he's eaten something with gluten recently (in the past half hour or so), he'll stop me before I kiss him and warn me he's been eating gluten. So, no, it's not totally crazy. No warning needing for random hugs, though. ;)

Wow...I was going to say you could kiss a woman on the cheek, then I thought "No, a woman's make up might have gluten in it... then I thought a hug and then thought again "No, hair products can have gluten." I am also thinking even if a woman had brushed her teeth if she had reapplied lipstick, you would have to worry about gluten in the lipstick...I really thought I had a solution for you by simply suggesting you tell her good nite by kissing her hand....but then again lotions and soaps can contain gluten..

Personally, I wouldn't mind if a man just told me he had celiac disease; I am a very inquisitive and compassionate person though..and I get not wanting to share the info...I have a difficult time just sharing it with servers at resturants!

So,if you don't share it then guess you just can bring "ole courtin'" back...the old fashioned hand shake..

I have been married so long, I didn't really think about the dating aspect. However, after thinking about it, I believe it has got to be much more difficult for men than women for the reasons I mentioned above.

Come on men..help this gentleman out..or maybe some of the women were single when the met their now husband who have Celiac..

But thanks for giving me something to think about; that is why I like these forums so much.

You are very welcome. Haha. Definitely something interesting, eh? No idea what I'd go about doing. I'm very sensitive too, so a kiss can and will gluten me. Talk about a predicament.

Find a woman who doesn't bother with makeup and goes simple on lotions. :P (There are some of us out there, and no, we're not necessarily ugly. :D Hehehe...)

Well, it's a long shot, but an option.

You will figure it out, just be open and upfront about it. Will you get some women who sneer and walk the other way? Yup. But hey, all the less time you have to spend eliminating them, eh?

That's true, for sure. Still, it's a bit of a pain. Really curious how other people have actually dealt with it themselves though. Haha. [:

Also, I prefer it when girls don't use too much makeup. Dunno, I like them without it more. A little it's bad, don't get me wrong. I don't hate it or anything. It just doesn't bother me when they don't. [:

But the going simple on lotions? That's going to be a rare one...! :P