foodiegurl

One Year Test Results

Rate this topic

I went in for my one year celiac panel...or more like 1 1/2 years. I was supposed to go a month ago, but I was glutened, so I waited 30 days, because I figured it would be a waste to take the test after knowing I have gluten in my body.

So, I called today and asked the nurse to read me my results..obviously she didn't know what any of it meant, and I just had the tests done by my GP ay my annual physical (she is the one who diagnosed me in the first place) to save me a trip to the GI which is an hour away.

Overall, she said it was negative, when I asked for the numbers, I got this:

TTG AB IGA <3

Endomysial screen - negative

Endo titer <1:5

IGA serum - 165

Are these results I should be happy about? If someone could let me know exactly what I am looking at and how to interpret it I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

Dear foodie girl, well I'll tell you the same thing my GI doctor told me when I asked about bloodwork 1 year later. She said to me"you're a celiac and will be one for the rest of your days". and no bloodwork or endoscopies will say anything more.

if you need to know what these results say do a google search they will come up

Cheers

It looks to me like you are doing good on keeping gluten free. I believe the IGA serum is your total IGA which is in normal ranges, if that was the number you were questioning.

Thank you, obviously I know I will always have celiac, but I would like to know I am doing the right thing. And I will continue being gluten-free forever, trust me, I know how awful it is to accidentally get it and I want to avoid that at all costs.

I actually emailed these to my GI dr and she said as long as the first one represents TTG it is good, so I am going to call back my dr today to find out. This also makes me happy since I do eat (gluten-free) oats once a week, so I know they are really gluten-free like they say.