Lily127

Negative Biopsy, Neg Blood, Positive Enterolabs

Rate this topic

Hi all. I'm new. I have lots of questions but will hold off till I read the forum. I'm sure alot of questions are answered there. However, the big one is that I have had a blood test that was negative, a biopsy (supposedly - the doc never showed me the results or even if the biopsy was actually done. He said it was) that was negative but when I sent my stool to Enterolabs it came back as Gluten Sensitive or Gluten Intolerant (I can't remember and I've since lost the information due to a computer crash).

I went gluten-free a few years ago (after the Enterolab result) with no success but this time around the results are astounding. I've had diarrhea at least 3 times a week since I was 15 years old. I have only had it once in 7 weeks (after eating Pizza). I have a host of other ailments. Fibro, IC (or that's what they call it) Arthritis, Chronic Fatigue, Gerd, etc. I'm hoping going Gluten Free will at least help with the Bowel Issues. I've also noticed some significant improvement in my bladder. Significant to the point of disbelief. I'm shocked and stupified by the improvement. So my question is do I have Celiac? And even if I can never prove it why would I ever go back to eating Gluten? I should stick to it right? Of course, I wonder if it's a different food allergy and not Gluten but it would difficult to discern which one I guess? Are there people who just have Rye allergies for instance and not Gluten/Wheat? I've also shed 10 pounds which is amazing. I'm endeavoring to add more foods in but taking it slow so as not to halt my progress. I'm also having difficulty getting generic medication makers to commit that their product is gluten-free so that's an issue which I'm going to try to research on this forum. I'm so glad you guys are all here. L

I'm also having difficulty getting generic medication makers to commit that their product is gluten-free so that's an issue which I'm going to try to research on this forum. I'm so glad you guys are all here. L

You might want to check this helpful website to see if your meds are listed.

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/

My pharmacist actually printed out a list of ingredients in my meds I take so I could check them.

Thanks for the link. I will definitely check there.

I just got off with my pharmacist. She checked my 3 main pills and said she felt from what she was reading that they were all OK. Qualitest which makes the Valium I take said they didn't add gluten but couldn't tell me about the fillers for sure. She said what she was reading in the ingredients sounded fine and fillers are usually not gluten. I think she said they are usually corn. She also said after she has read a bottle and told someone with Gluten issues that the drug was OK no one ever came back and said it made them sick so I guess she feels confident in picking out the gluten ingredients. Of course, I'd like to be able to know myself for sure or get it confirmed by the company. I'll have to take it slowly. Step by step is how you figure this all out. I need to familiarize myself with gluten full ingredients as well.

Thanks

L

You might want to check this helpful website to see if your meds are listed.

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/

My pharmacist actually printed out a list of ingredients in my meds I take so I could check them.