RachelKilly

Blood Test Translation?

Rate this topic

While I was in the hospital recently, the doctor did blood tests for Celiac disease. She sent me the results and told me to take them to a GI dr. They did 5 different tests and only 1 came back high. I have a dr. appt. on June 14th, but I have ADD and patience is not 1 of my virtues. :)

I have looked through some of the posts in this section and couldn't find any explanations with the same letters as mine. Can someone give me an idea of what the heck they mean?

All of them say "Greater than 30 Units: Positive."

Misc Chems- Gli-G: 3 Gli-A: 4

OtherSerol- TTAIgA: 9 TIGIgG: 2

Immunoassay- IgA: 487

Also, I have started following a gluten-free diet and have noticed a dramatic change in my bowel movements. Should I stop avoiding gluten before my dr. appt?

While I was in the hospital recently, the doctor did blood tests for Celiac disease. She sent me the results and told me to take them to a GI dr. They did 5 different tests and only 1 came back high. I have a dr. appt. on June 14th, but I have ADD and patience is not 1 of my virtues. :)

I have looked through some of the posts in this section and couldn't find any explanations with the same letters as mine. Can someone give me an idea of what the heck they mean?

All of them say "Greater than 30 Units: Positive."

Misc Chems- Gli-G: 3 Gli-A: 4

OtherSerol- TTAIgA: 9 TIGIgG: 2

Immunoassay- IgA: 487

it would appear you have tested - for celiacs, but blood tests are fairly commonly inaccurate.....i believe the IgA immunoassay is total IgA and the 30 units doesnt apply...but i THINK the TTAIgA of 9 may be just under the "equivocal"....in the end, the only test that is meaningful is success on the gluten free diet.

Also, I have started following a gluten-free diet and have noticed a dramatic change in my bowel movements. Should I stop avoiding gluten before my dr. appt?