Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memyself

Another Newbie With Questions

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

I have a list of symptoms and 5yrs of doctors not coming up with answers. I hope you might be able to tell me your opinion, having been sick with Celiac.

I do know that my step dad has it and when you test him for it, his tests come out negative, yet he does have it, so the testing confuses me.

Symptoms

- Yellow poo, it doesn't float, but sometimes water gets foggy and it sits like a blob of clay.

- Organs inflamed and then go normal, everything from gallbladder to lungs. I end up with asthma attacks etc.

- Hives, super dry skin

- Swelling of legs, hands, feet, face etc. can't tell if it is skin, or muscles swelling.

- Stomach always hurts and burns

- Stomach doesn't digest food fully at all.

Tests I Took

- I don't have any hepititus of any sort

- I don't have lupus (so they say)

- I did have a rheumatoid factor, but say I may not have rheumatoid

- I was tested for allergies, all negative

- Gallbladder, liver and kidney ultrasound taken, came out normal

I also had a blood test done that the doctor said was "the" blood test for celiac and he said it was negative.

I don't know where else to turn. My husband doesn't like me trying to find out what is wrong with me, but i can't walk around the house anymore due to swelling and horrible pain.

I was told they think i have fibro, that that only takes about 1/4 of the symptoms.

Thanks for your time.

Shan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi there. That doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Gluten can do all sorts of whacky things to people. The only way to find out if your celiac tests are negative is to go on the diet very strictly for a few months. Have you tried it?