Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rina

Need Good Advice

Hello,

I am brand new to this site and trying to find some help. I have not been formaly tested for Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerence however when I have searched my symptoms online these articles pop up. Let me start by giving my symptoms. I can not tell you when I started having extreme bloating with and without pain after eating a meal, it seems I have dealt with that for ever. Within the past 1 month when I have a BM (wich is never regular) I experience a pain during and after like someone is squeazing my insides. Let me add that this does not happen with every BM however most of the time. Now, for the past 2 weeks I have began having all over skin irritation that is more severe on my thighs and behind my knees. The problem is, there is no rash. Sometimes if the itching is bad enough I will develope flesh colored bumps but for the most part there is nothing on my skin. I have tries Benadryl with the onset of itchiness but it never helps. Advice would be much appreciated....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Not sure about those specific places of irritation, but I know that before going gluten free I would get frequent yeast infections in my hands and feet (athlete's foot/candida). This would not have a rash, would just itch an insane amount like there was something just beneath my skin that I couldn't see and endless scratching only produced minimal relief.

The bloating thing definitely means something isn't right in your digestion, have you tried keeping a food journal of what you're eating and frequency of these symptoms?

Receiving a qualified diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome is as useful as a Psychiatrist giving you a diagnosis of "Doesn't Think Right".

Sounds like you should be tested for celiac with the itching and GI problems. You probably have some sort of food intolerance or sensitivity but it may or may not be gluten. Lactose and fructose intolerances can cause pain and bloating too.