Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sherbear28

Feeling Depressed

Okay, So my dad is a self diagnosed Celiac, his blood test came back negative. So did mine, but I find I am way better when I don't eat any wheat products.

Depressed... why? I used to eat ... well, Junk really, pasta's, chips, everything that contained wheat, and just dealt with the consequences of feeling crappy, bloated, being in the bathroom within the hour or two of eating anything that contained wheat. Generally pasta did me in. My doctor however, tells me, that if I'm feeling this way, to just stop eating it, and go gluten free. Okay. But, she also wants me to only eat items that are 50 or less on the 100 scale of the glycemic index. Problem: I am the worlds most picky eater.

I eat broccoli --- raw, hate it steamed. I only eat peppers cooked, hate them raw. Made mashed sweet potatoes the other day, almost threw it up because of the taste. I'm texture on everything and anything I eat. It took me FOREVER to just eat applesauce when I was really deadly ill once, to try and rehydrate myself.

What in the world can i eat? Soup does not fill me up. Is there any recipes that anyone has to make my life easier. I'm sure this way of life will help my husband as well. But, I am one who does not enjoy cooking. I would love to slow cook everything. But I also get bored of foods easily.

Anyone? Please?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

if u like to slow cook- do a pot roast yumm

and if u actually like broccoli raw- that's pretty good- i only like mine boiled till soft... so just look at it differently- eat the veggies u like cooked,and those u like raw- they're all mostly good for u

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

To start with, what type of foods do you like to eat?

Before you know it you will have more ideas and suggestions than you can shake a stick at.

The tastes and textures that you are having problems with, maybe you could just have 1 or 2 bites to try to get you used to it.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

I eat almost completely sugar-free, and that includes very little pasta, no fruit or high glycemic veggies. My favorite 'junk' food would have to be nachos or taco salads.

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

I don't know how to cook a variety of things. I don't know what types of food go well with others. The only main veggies i eat are broccoli, cauliflower. Can't stand tomatoes. Most of everything else, I don't know how to cook it, so i don't even bother with many other veggies.

Fruits, apples, oranges, pears are really the only thing here. Hate bananas and kiwis. But too nervous to try new things. I have in the past, not like I haven't. I also turn out disappointed. I am big on texture and taste (one reason why i hate bananas, squishy and bland).

Are there any recipes, where I can put foods I don't eat in them???? I found that if I put peppers into a chili or something, I forget they are there and eat them.

I found this website a good soure of information on all types of gluten problems.

Introduction - The Gluten Syndrome, GlutenSensitivity, Gluten ...

The Gluten Syndrome.net. top. Patient perspectives on gluten grain intolerances and sensitivities . including the celiac disease subset,

theglutensyndrome.net

I use the SCD - a person doesn't have to have many cooking skills to choose foods from their 'Legal' Food List.

DQ6/DQ8

HLA-DQ B allele 1 *0602: HLA-DQ B allele 2 *0302

Gluten free and Cow Dairy free since 2006