Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rowena

Gluten

So forewarnin, if ye cant stand ramblin, ye might now wanna read this.

Anyway, I just wanna say, I love the new me. I have so much more energy and strength. I am finally able to get back down to my normal weight again. Exercise is fun again. I dont lose my breath walking up one flight of stairs no more. My GI problems are essentially GONE! My anxiety is gettin back to a manageable level. I dont get sick all the time anymore. I have energy to actually do housework. Cookin is fun again. And truth be told, food has NEVER tasted so good to me. I ate an apple and a larabar and some soymilk last night, and I could not help but moan how good it felt to be eatin real food again. I love my bed still, but in the mornin I can bounce right out. I have normal sleep habits again. Oh, and that sensitivity to anythin that touches my skin? As long as I use gluten free products, its GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy I discovered this intolerance. I actually feel human again. I feel like me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is SO wonderful and I am truly happy for you.

TTG >200 (normal <10)

IgA gliadin 24 (normal <11)

IgG gliadin 38 (normal <11)

Endoscopy showed damage that looked like "classic celiac", biopsy showed total villous atrophy

Started gluten-free diet Aug 31, 2010

Only real symptoms are huge weight loss and neuropathy

Feels so good to feel so good! So happy for you!! :D