Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Momma Ta

Need Help Re: Blood Work Results

Hello! I have extensive family history of celiac - both sisters and their children, as well as an uncle and cousin. I have been told that I am negative, however i'm not sure that my doctor is familiar enough with celiac to really be sure.

My blood work in 2009: IgA 51mg/dl & Celiac screen transglutinase antibody 6.3 ab/units

My blood work last week: IgA 64 mg/do & Celiac screen transglutinase antibody 8.6 ab/units

I am also 7 weeks pregnant and am concerned for baby - my one sister had a miscarriage due to malnutrition from celiac, which is what led to all of getting tested...

Just looking for some straightforward answers if there are any.

Thanks in advance!

- Tara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello! I have extensive family history of celiac - both sisters and their children, as well as an uncle and cousin. I have been told that I am negative, however i'm not sure that my doctor is familiar enough with celiac to really be sure.

My blood work in 2009: IgA 51mg/dl & Celiac screen transglutinase antibody 6.3 ab/units

My blood work last week: IgA 64 mg/do & Celiac screen transglutinase antibody 8.6 ab/units

I am also 7 weeks pregnant and am concerned for baby - my one sister had a miscarriage due to malnutrition from celiac, which is what led to all of getting tested...

Just looking for some straightforward answers if there are any.

Thanks in advance!

- Tara

Different labs have different reference ranges for these tests, so it would help to interpret if you can post the ranges for those tests.

Different labs have different reference ranges for these tests, so it would help to interpret if you can post the ranges for those tests.

I have no idea what the normal ranges are...I tried searching on-line, but I couldn't seem to find anything. I will try calling the lab to find out tomorrow.

Thanks!