This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Great Job To Roy's Hawaiian Fusion

Lostfalls

Lostfalls Newbie

I traveled to Las Vegas, NV a couple of weeks ago for a trade show I worked for my company. As is part of my job I am in charge of setting up team and client dinners, after much research and calling around I picked out several places where my fellow co-workers AND I could enjoy a meal. One of those places was Roy's Hawaiian Fusion - not only did they provide me with a nice Gluten Free menu, since I had called ahead they identified me as the "gluten free customer" as soon as we checked in - our server and host noticeably made a visual identification. This used to make me feel embarrassed, now it makes me feel safe - they were going to make darn sure I got the right food.

They had a dedicated cooking area with dedicated equipment for their gluten free food (which I expect but still appreciate). The meal was amazing, the plates they gave me were a different color and shape than everyone else's, so neither they nor I would mix up the food - they even informed I couldn't have one of the drinks I ordered because "it may contain gluten." I even inquired about their sushi which wasn't on the "gluten free menu" even though they had gluten free soy sauce. They sent the head chief out to our table who said if he left the "butter sauce" (most of the sushi in that establishment that day had one form of sauce on it or another ) off the sushi rolls and served it with the gluten free soy sauce, that it would be safe for me. So I got to have my sushi too!

They were so careful and attentive I felt very safe in eating there. I just had to let everyone know - I have no idea if they have shown up here on the forum before or not, but I had a great experience and did not get sick / had no gluten reaction what so ever. It was worth the extra money to dine there! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cassP Contributor

omg- thankyou so much for the tip! i had no idea of this restaurant- and there's one close to me :):):)

ps- WOW... on their website- every individual location has a Gluten free menu to download!!! this is great!

Archived