Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cross Contamination Issues

Does anyone know which brands do not have cross contamination? I'm not looking for brands people don't have issues with. I'm surprisingly sensitive and I'm really getting tired of buying products that are "gluten free" only to find out they share equipment with other products that contain gluten. I've heard just about every company swear they test and numbers come back with 0. Well I'm not buying it. I have still have reactions. I do NOT have dairy issues. I keep a pretty strict diet and know which products bother me. I've been on the diet for 5 months now. i feel like i cant eat anything unless i make it myself. And even then I find out products are bad.

I'm mainly looking for at least some chip brands that are either in a dedicated facility or are made in a separate facility from their products that contain wheat. I'm not interested in products that share equipment that don't give people issues. I need to stay away from that.

Thanks for any help!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've heard just about every company swear they test and numbers come back with 0.

There is no test that can prove zero content. The available tests can detect 5 parts per million.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

To answer your specific question about chips. Here are the chips that come up most often as OK for most people. As Peter is fond of saying YMMV. :)

Mission corn chips & tortillas

Guerrero Tostados

Food Should Taste Good

Kettle Chips (the ones marked gluten-free)

Lay's Stax

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

To answer your specific question about chips. Here are the chips that come up most often as OK for most people. As Peter is fond of saying YMMV. :)

Mission corn chips & tortillas

Guerrero Tostados

Food Should Taste Good

Kettle Chips (the ones marked gluten-free)

Lay's Stax

Have you (or anyone) ordered from gluten free mall . com???

Have you (or anyone) tried ordering from Glutenfreemall.com???

I love what I do, and feel that it matters. How could anything be more fun?

Have you (or anyone) tried ordering from Glutenfreemall.com???

i haven't ordered from the gluten free mall yet but i think i may have to start. i was hoping to find stuff locally. i do have a lot of markets in my area with a decent selection of gluten free stuff. the tough part is finding out about the manufacturing practices.

Some of us are sensitive to smaller amounts of trace cc than others. I am one of the more sensitive ones. I make things myself from scratch. I don't eat out. I wash everything. That is the only way for me to stay healthy. You may not be as bad as all that, but if you are, you can still survive, and it really isn't all that bad.