Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arened

Olay Pro-X, Gluten Free?

Does anyone know if Olay Pro-x is gluten-free? I just bought some yesterday, and this morning woke up with my typical symptoms of being glutened. I can't think of anything I ate yesterday that could have caused this, so I thought maybe it was the pro-x. Anyone had similar experiences with pro-x? I already emailed the company, but I wanted to see what all of you had to say too. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone know if Olay Pro-x is gluten-free? I just bought some yesterday, and this morning woke up with my typical symptoms of being glutened. I can't think of anything I ate yesterday that could have caused this, so I thought maybe it was the pro-x. Anyone had similar experiences with pro-x? I already emailed the company, but I wanted to see what all of you had to say too. Thanks!

I received this response from them in September:

Thanks for contacting Olay, Jaymie. We want to give you clear information regarding the use of our beauty care products. If wheat and/or gluten aren't directly added to a product by us, these ingredients won't be listed on our packages. Like many companies, we often purchase the scents for fragranced products from outside suppliers, and the components of these substances are proprietary information belonging to those companies. Therefore it's possible that a very small amount (generally parts per million) of gluten may be present. Since gluten sensitivity can vary among people, it would be best if you consulted with your physician about the use of all types of consumable goods, if you haven't already.

You might even consider using one of our fragrance free products that doesn't list gluten or wheat extracts on the label. None of our Olay Total Effects products contain the Gluten Free claim but you may like to check out Olay Pro-X. All Professional Pro-X products are Gluten Free. I hope this helps!

Elise

Olay Team