Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Googles

Gluten Free Pasta

I have been eating rice pasta, but I want to try something new. I have found that I like it, but the cooking process is what I am having trouble with. It goes from under cooked to over cooked way too fast. I was hoping to find some other varieties of grains. What do people like? I really like the texture of wheat spaghetti so I was wondering if anyone knew ones that are like that?

Oh yeah, any suggestions need to be ones that I can buy in the store, not online. Thanks.

My favorite: Bionature. Even the spaghetti twirls like real spaghetti. Great texture. Made in Italy. Leave it to the italians to get it right.

http://www.bionaturae.com/gluten.html

I have been eating rice pasta, but I want to try something new. I have found that I like it, but the cooking process is what I am having trouble with. It goes from under cooked to over cooked way too fast. I was hoping to find some other varieties of grains. What do people like? I really like the texture of wheat spaghetti so I was wondering if anyone knew ones that are like that?

Oh yeah, any suggestions need to be ones that I can buy in the store, not online. Thanks.

Another awesome on is Rustichella D'abruzzo. I had gluten free pasta in a restaurant and it was so awesome I asked the brand. the waitress brought me the package label. I have found this at Wholefoods. Be careful because they also make regular.

http://www.markethallfoods.com/categories.php?category=Pasta%2C-Rice-and-Grains/Pasta/Rustichella-d%27Abruzzo-Pasta/Gluten%252dFree-Pasta

The Bionature I have gotten in regular grocery stores and is just as good. Great texture. http://www.bionaturae.com/gluten.html

In my opinion, much, much, better than any of the corn or quinoa pastas.

I really like Trader Joe's Brown Rice pasta. It's really good as long as you don't over cook it (key to all gluten-free pastas in my opinion). I don't think it costs any more than traditional pasta either.

Looks like a trip to TJ's is in order for me. The price of gluten-free pasta is just crazy! I usually buy regular pasta for about $1, but range anywhere from 66 cents to $1.29 at the most. But, $3.50 and up?! This is what's so hard. My family is used to eating pasta all the time. Now we're paying more for yucky pasta. :(

At Walmart, we buy Mrs. Leepers Corn Pasta. Our favorite gluten-free pasta! We serve it to guest when they come over, and they all really like it. It is sold in a bag, orange in color. Our Walmart has the rotini (we use it for spaghetti or mac and cheese or casseroles) but our Whole Foods has Mrs. Leepers Spaghetti and macaroni too, but it is more expensive than Walmart. Just an FYI, I have tried DeBoles gluten-free Corn Pasta, and we don't like it as much as Mrs. Leepers. Enjoy :)