Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okieinalaska

Some Results Back For Thyroid And Vitamins

I only have a minute but wanted to ask what the thyroid test in particular means. It looks like they didn't do the Free T4 test? They told me we were still waiting on some results not sure which ones and I can't tell from the paperwork.

My iron is low but I knew that already.

TSH 2.59 (0.34 - 4.82)

Then under interpretations it says several things about free t4 should not be requested for routine thyroid. Then later it says Free T4 must be used to assess secondary hypothrodism. (but not results or indiciation if they are going to)

Ferritin 6 (3-105) ng/ml

homosysteine....at reference lab accepted

and the lots of other vitamins.

I sent the nurse an email requesting her to tell me specifically which test results we are waiting and asking about the Free T4 if it was going to be done. This is the one I would want done correct?

I tried to copy and past the results but was unable to. When I get home maybe I can type the whole thing.

Thank you,

Amy in Alaska

Gluten Hit Girl

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I only have a minute but wanted to ask what the thyroid test in particular means. It looks like they didn't do the Free T4 test? They told me we were still waiting on some results not sure which ones and I can't tell from the paperwork.

My iron is low but I knew that already.

TSH 2.59 (0.34 - 4.82)

Then under interpretations it says several things about free t4 should not be requested for routine thyroid. Then later it says Free T4 must be used to assess secondary hypothrodism. (but not results or indiciation if they are going to)

Ferritin 6 (3-105) ng/ml

homosysteine....at reference lab accepted

and the lots of other vitamins.

I sent the nurse an email requesting her to tell me specifically which test results we are waiting and asking about the Free T4 if it was going to be done. This is the one I would want done correct?

I tried to copy and past the results but was unable to. When I get home maybe I can type the whole thing.

Thank you,

If your TSH is in the normal range (which yours appears to be), many docs won't do any more thyroid hormone tests. That's not to say that you might have thyroid problems. What symptoms led you to request or consider thyroid test results? You could have normal TSH and abnormal free T4 or free T3 or even abnormal thyroid antibody tests. You may need to see an endocrinologist, if you have symptoms indicative of thyroid problems, but your doc won't consider further tests.

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.