Mord

Skin Fluctuations

Rate this topic

Hi, I'm not sure if I have celiac disease or not and was thinking about going to the doctor. I have a few of the symptoms such as weight loss, loose stools blah blah blah. One thing that has been bothering me a lot is the way my body responds to certain foods, not just gluten foods. Ok here we go.. This is what i've discovered and its 100% true.

1. If i eat NON-organic citrus fruits, such as oranges, lemons etc. that contain pesticides it'll cause my face to flush and I will be mentally depressed for roughly 24 hours. I know its crazy but it's true! It's the pesticides that i'm reacting too.. The pesticides in vegetables tends to give me a slurred speech and lowered intellect temperately. Only last a day or so as well. If I eat organic citrus fruit i'm perfectly fine..

2. I easily become low on sodium. so every once and a while i'll add some sea salt to my gallon of water. I've noticed when everytime I drink this my face becomes paler in color. weird.

3. A lot of foods that are covered in vegetable oils causes my face to be red.

Does anyone experience skin fluctuations when eating certain foods? Regardless if I have celiac disease or not I still have a very poor gut environment and i'm goign to start cleansing soon.

1. If i eat NON-organic citrus fruits, such as oranges, lemons etc. that contain pesticides it'll cause my face to flush and I will be mentally depressed for roughly 24 hours. I know its crazy but it's true! It's the pesticides that i'm reacting too.. The pesticides in vegetables tends to give me a slurred speech and lowered intellect temperately. Only last a day or so as well. If I eat organic citrus fruit i'm perfectly fine..

2. I easily become low on sodium. so every once and a while i'll add some sea salt to my gallon of water. I've noticed when everytime I drink this my face becomes paler in color. weird.

3. A lot of foods that are covered in vegetable oils causes my face to be red.

My skin gets pretty reactive at times. I don't think you're nuts for reacting to pesticides, it's quite possible. For me, the flushing was related to a few things, definitely to msg, alcohol, chicken and eggs. For me it's a type of histamine response, the skin can be purple and painful for hours and an antihistamine will bring it back down. I can get headachy but don't notice other symptoms like you describe.

I haven't had the bad skin reactions since I've been on an elimination diet which includes taking out most food additives and colours.

What sort of foods in vegetable oil do you mean? If it's a processed food like sundried tomatoes in oil, there may be preservatives in the oil. Some people react quite badly to those.

1st of all- ive wondered about the pesticides too- because i sometimes have a very strong reaction to purple onions. ive decided never to chance it again. 1/2 the time that i eat RAW purple onions- i end up violently vomiting. 1/2 the time im fine. if they're cooked im fine. i finally decided to never chance it again, after the last time i tried i ended up vomiting in the restroom at Outback.

skin reactions- im very confused, because i never had reactions before i went gluten free- but since July- ive had at least 5 crazy reactions to food- foods that are normally okay for me, or are okay one day and 2 days later i react to it ????? like red hot heat going up my neck and face, my forearms on fire and the skin getting dry and bumps underneath. it's weird. and i usually feel the heat in my stomach 1st- and then can tell it's coming. very strange- happened this last week- to roast beef & cheese cold cuts, mixed organic greens, mustard, evoo, and tomatoes. now, i ate this very same meal 2 days prior.... maybe i ate more the last time- and i couldnt handle it? idk. the cold cuts were gluten free- but i didnt watch the lady- maybe she just made a sub and had wheat on her hands? idk.. it's very strange

oh- i also had the thought today- that maybe they had just cleaned the meat slicer with a cleaner- but didnt rinse it well enough?? everybody uses so many chemicals these days that our body doesnt tolerate.. ??