Jack V

Valentines Day

Rate this topic

A girl offered me a bunch of candy hearts, put them on my desk, was a little reluctant but I ate one. After deciding that they probably don't have gluten I shoveled about 10 in my mouth. About 10 minutes later my vision went weird.... not blurry... I don't even know how to explain it but it was harder to concentrate. Since I got home I've had diarhrea and my knee pain came back. I'm assuming they don't have gluten because popular brands I looked up(Don't know which brand I ate) don't contain it. I'm, thinking of eliminating refined sugars. Any advice on this?

I wouldn't be to quick to rule out the candy hearts. Even if they don't have gluten in them they could have cc. I assumed that some coconut macaroons were gluten free once (natural flavors were listed but no contact information so I couldn't call and check) and I paid dearly for it.

Eliminating refined sugar can only be a good thing. It does a number on our bodies. I've started sweetening my nut flour based cakes with just applesauce and it turns out great. Makes me wonder why we were so hooked on the white stuff to begin with. :)

It does sound like you got glutened. That was a sweet thing for her to do but it is always better to check items or pass them on. I hope you are feeling better today.