This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bisquick Bun Alternative

Mizzo

Mizzo Enthusiast

We bought the gluten-free bisquick to try. These biscuit if made smaller than recipe calls for and if you form them to bun shape with made a pretty decent sandwich alternative.

They are biscuit -like so they will not hold up to PB but egg salad, bologna and cheese whatever will be good. AND super easy to make.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

gameboy68
    Newest Member
    gameboy68
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• cristiana
      Hello @brian1 I'm a UK based Moderator here on the forum.  If you are British, you may find that in your region you might be able to get certain gluten-free food (usually staples like bread) on prescription.  I recommend you ring Coeliac UK for the most up-to-date advice on this. https://www.coeliac.org.uk/home/ There is some advice here for UK coeliacs which might also be of use, on how to best navigate the gluten-free diet on a budget. https://www.coeliac.org.uk/information-and-support/living-gluten-free/the-gluten-free-diet/gluten-free-diet-on-a-budget/ I am afraid I don't know anything about the benefits you mention but maybe the charity can help? Cristiana  
    • Scott Adams
      Legumes can be a source of wheat contamination, but I assume that you use versions labelled "gluten-free."
    • Scott Adams
      You may want to look into Benfotiamine, which is the fat soluble version of B1.
    • Scott Adams
      Be sure all testing is completed before going gluten-free, that is, unless you are certain that gluten is the culprit and have decided not to eat it again. This article has some detailed information on how to be 100% gluten-free, so it may be helpful (be sure to also read the comments section.):    
    • Jujuconnor