Spasor76

Vacation

Rate this topic

I'm on vacation now in Hawaii and I'm very annoyed. I should be relaxing instead of stressing. I'm sick of eating the same boring food every morning. I just wanted some eggs today instead of the typical yogurt. All they had were packaged sandwiches. The gluten free food at the resort means plain no flavoring steak/fish. I'm just wondering how everyone has dealt with this. I have not had gluten yet but the food is very bland.

There is a member on here, kenlove, that I believe lives in Hawaii.

Do you have a place to cook or warm foods? When we are there we always check out the local farmers mart as well for lots of organic fruit & veggies. Ask any local where one might be located.

• Upvote 1

I hope you're not offended by this,but I recommend enjoying the exotic cocktails in Hawaii. Eat a boring dinner with a fun cocktail. :)

Sorry I'm kind of a "if you have lemons make a lemon drop" kind of girl.

I would also try to get out and get to a market. They have amazing fruits there. You're going to have to change your focus from food to something else. I know that's hard, but that's how I try to get by. "A nice dinner" really has no meaning to me anymore, in fact I dread them. It usually means I'll be eating salad while you're eating something delicious. :)

Enjoy the beach, water activities and exploring the islands. Remember.......food is fuel. :)

I ate fresh pineapple till it came out my ears. :P And see if you can find some Star Fruit in the store. Ono fish is a special over there and when grilled is wonderful.