tea_and_crumpets

Bathroom Urgency

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free since early October, barring a couple of glutenings. Such a learning curve! After being off gluten and now being in the middle of a round of probiotics, I'm finally getting away from the big D, which I am very happy about. I'm still having problems with bathroom urgency. When I have to go, I have to GO, and there's little waiting time. I've never had an accident, thankfully, and it's not diarrhea when I get there. Does this get better? Before I got celiac I had pretty normal bowel habits and if I was away from home I could wait it out. Now I might as well have a ranking system for every public bathroom within five miles.

I don't think I am suffering from sensitivity to other things when this happens. It's normal poo, sorry TMI, and there's none of that characteristic celiac or lactose malabsorption bile-y stuff. It doesn't seem to correlate with anything that I eat.

I have the same thing. Not everyday---but when I have to go sometimes, I have to go. You can sense it, feel it--and you know that this is going to be one of those times. I have to tell you, that everytime I return to this site, I find someone else has a symptom in common with me.

This fun little problem has improved for me quite a bit, and I've only been gluten free for a few weeks with several poisonings!

It used to worry me a lot because I travel for a living. Hang in there--- hopefully this something that will improve for you.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this!

I have exactly the same problem so you are definitely not alone! And I've been gluten-free for slightly more than 10 months. I am so hoping it gets better. I just wonder how on earth long it will be to be "normal" again (whatever that means).

That was my main issue too. I am having more good days than bad days now, but occasionally something will mess me up. Apparently, I can't tolerate soy or corn either. Before, I didn't want to go any where because I was so anxious that I wouldn't be able to get to a bathroom in time. Wretched times those were. Quite debilitating actually. I think things are changing for the better, though. :)