MMORRIS

Discouraged

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free now for about 6 months. I have totally changed my diet and lost about 25 lbs. I feel pretty good as long as I keep moving but when I rest or just slow down I really begin to hurt. It is muscle pain and hand pain and some swollen in joints in mw pinky fingers. I am really discouraged and don't know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I need help.

Welcome Mmorris,

Try not to get too discouraged. We'll help you figure this out.

It could be any number of things. Are you making sure you're not getting cross contaminated? Then if you are sure that isn't the case. Are you eating a lot of potatoes? Potatoes, tomatoes, all bell peppers and eggplant. These are called the nightshade vegetables. They have a low level toxin in them that cause a lot of pain and swelling for a lot of us. Also soy and dairy for some of us. So, my only advise is to kick these out and slowly add them back in because we can develop other food intolerences.

Good luck.

Txplowgirl

• Upvote 1

You need to get tested for Rheumatoid Arthritis. It often co-occurs with Celiac, and the hands are one of the first places hit.