Nads

Another Question About Anxiety

Rate this topic

I didn't get much response from my last question so I thought I'd be more specific. When you started to feel the anxiety lessen after 2-3 weeks (a lot of people said that time frame) was it a huge difference or just starting to notice some changes in feeling less anxious. If you had OCD or panic, did it go away completely after 2-3 weeks or just start to lessen?

thanks, Nadia

I have only been gluten-free for a couple months but had alot of anxiety in the evenings and on other occasions. I got some help from some meds (which I am still on) that a psychiatrist gave me. Even with that, I still have abit of anxiety but nothing close to where I was. Hope that helps, good luck.

When glutened my anxiety is unbearable for as long as it's in my system. I also have very compulsive behaviour for 3-4 days (compulsive pulling out hair, picking at skin, running back and forth from mirror to check that a "wrinkle" hasn't grown in 10 minutes..etc). Up to a week, I would say. It's a huge, huge difference. Gluten puts my anxiety at a whole new level, my mind and body are consumed with panic unease and paranoia. For me too it takes around around 2ish - 3ish weeks for the anxiety to become more stable and manageable.

That being said, when I first eliminated gluten I still had anxiety (slight in comparison) until I discovered many other food intolerances (dairy, eggs, soy, all grains, nightshade vegetables) and, I suspect a lot of the anxiety is and was caused by candida overgrowth in the gut. If you still have symptoms of anxiety/OCD after being gluten free for about a month or two, I would look into further food intolerances and candida yeast overgrowth.

I did a candida diet for a month and I had 0 anxiety at all afterwards. I felt invincible and like I had been reborn! Literally nonexistent anxiety and that is coming from somebody who is usually housebound by it.. Unfortunately the candida is back so I'm doing another round and further restricting my diet... g'luck

My OCD has lessened tremendously, but I'm still a rather jumpy person. I think it depends on one's own state of mind and health, among other things.