jennlmar

What To Do If Your Child Has Symptoms But Tests Negative!

Rate this topic

Hi everyone, I am a Celiac just diagnosed at the age of 39 after a lifetime of horrible symptoms. My son has been tested..even before I was finally tested, and he was negative. I don't believe it. He has exactly the same symptons that I had as a child. He is also a VERY picky eater. So I have two problems one what do I ask the Doc to do to further test him (should I suggest an endoscopy) and second how do you start the change in their diet? He loves bread and bagels, chicken nuggets, hotdogs, hamburgers all the kid food but the stuff thats full of gluten???? Help

Hi jennlmar.

Do you know what tests for celiac that the Dr. ordered? I ask because sometimes they do not order all of the tests needed to diagnose celiac.

Celiac tests:

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA and IgG

Total IgA level

Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) Antibodies, IgA & IgG (This is a newer test)

Don't change his diet until after you have all the testing you want to have done.

Udi's makes gluten-free bread and bagels, Ian's makes gluten-free chicken nuggets (they also make 'regular' gluten foods too so read the label) Companies like Kraft, Con-Agra, General Mills and Unilever will list sources of gluten in their foods.