Cloelke

How Careful Do I Need To Be?

Rate this topic

Hi!

After one slightly positive blood test at the beginning of pregnancy one negative one after pregnancy and a possibly/mildly postive biopsy result I have been put on a gluten free diet for 4 months to see if that helps. My question is how careful do I have to be with the items like syrup & oatss where the label says may contain traces of wheat processed where wheat products have been processed? Kidney Beans also say this. Is is best to just avoid those foods altogether? Like buy dry kidney beans instead?

Since I have not been conculsively diagnosis I am a bit confused.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Cloelke.

A slightly positive blood test or biopsy is a positive blood test or biopsy. Do you have copies of your tests? Posting those results can help.

As for being careful, you do need to be very careful. You will have to eliminate it completely to be able to see if it will help you. I believe it will since you do have positive testing.

Most companies web sites have gluten-free information, if they don't, you can call them and ask. It is a good idea to stay away from oats for a few months and then try adding them back in. The dry beans you can wash and sort so those might be a better option.

Hi Cloelke.

A slightly positive blood test or biopsy is a positive blood test or biopsy. Do you have copies of your tests? Posting those results can help.

As for being careful, you do need to be very careful. You will have to eliminate it completely to be able to see if it will help you. I believe it will since you do have positive testing.

Most companies web sites have gluten-free information, if they don't, you can call them and ask. It is a good idea to stay away from oats for a few months and then try adding them back in. The dry beans you can wash and sort so those might be a better option.

Thanks! I have the positive early pregnancy and negative after pregnancy results. I didn't know about the personal care items either trying to figure out how careful I need to be with those too.

Here is the positive results:

Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody IgA 2.9 0 - 3.9 U/mL

Interpretation: Negative

Tissue Transglutaminase Aby IgG 7.0 0 - 5.9 U/mL

Interpretation: Weakly Positive

The Negative one:

Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody IgA 1.1 0 - 3.9 U/mL

Tissue Transglutaminase Aby IgG 1.7 0 - 5.9 U/mL

They said biospy showed only slightest change.