Rate this topic

Hello-- I recently received these results. I will see a GI doctor in three weeks for an upper GI. If anyone can please explain (I've looked quite a bit online, but not found exactly the info. to explain what the second number means in light of celiac d. or whatever else)

my GLIADIN AB IGA is 6 and indicates its in the normal range

my GLIADIN AB IGG is >100 which indicates abnormal range

thanks so much, Faith

I wonder if the negative is a typo? Did your doctor do a total IGA? If your total IGA tests are low then that would give a false negative for the IGA related results on a bloodtest. It looks to me like the IGG is above 100 which would mean that the abnormal result was a positive test?

Since you are having the endo make sure you don't go gluten free yet. Welcome to the board and ask any questions you need to.

I wonder if the negative is a typo? Did your doctor do a total IGA? If your total IGA tests are low then that would give a false negative for the IGA related results on a bloodtest. It looks to me like the IGG is above 100 which would mean that the abnormal result was a positive test?

Since you are having the endo make sure you don't go gluten free yet. Welcome to the board and ask any questions you need to.

Yes thanks!-- "negative" was a typo. The Gliadin AB IGG is >100. Thank you for help! Faith