K8ling

Pregnancy Weight Gain?

Rate this topic

I eat EXTREMELY healthy and even keep a food journal... My OB went through it with me to figure out why

at 15 weeks

I have gained 25 pounds!

I went from a size 4/6 155 pounds at 6'1" and now I am 6'1" and 185. I'm not sure what to do with my body. I am eating well, the only thing I can think of is the bed rest is getting to me? I am so confused, and now the ob is yelling at me to watch my weight but I'm not doing anything wrong!!! He even told me "There's nothing here to show what is causing the rapid weight gain".

Is it possible that I am finally healed and now I am actually absorbing things? I'm at a loss. I literally almost fell off the scale at the OB yesterday when I saw "185" lol

Every pregnancy is different. It's quite possible that being on bed rest is making it harder to manage intake/expenditure. Have you gone over with your OB exactly how strict of bedrest you are on?

Are we sure the scale is right? I had a baby weighed at his 1 week appt down 11/2 pounds. The doc said " that's horrible. " then she looked at him and said, " he doesn't look like he lost weight". Tried a different scale & he had gained the 1 1/2 pounds.

Do you look like you gained that much? What you have posted previously as eating had me worried you weren't eating enough.

Maybe it's twins?

My bed rest instructions per my hospital sheet yesterday is

"No exercise, no lifting. May be up for restroom and meals". He also said that since my husband is deployed, I am alone, and I have to take care of my toddler, I should just use common sense. I am mostly home and down, I pick up the living room when the kid goes to bed and clean the kitchen and stuff, but nothing crazy. 2 days a week I go to one class (the one I refused to drop).

I asked if I could take my son for a walk yesterday and they looked at me like I was crazy lol.