MsCurious

I"m Beginning To Think The "brick In My Tummy" Is ...

Rate this topic

After I eat something, I always feel like I have a brick in my stomach... not rock, but a brick with sharp/rough edges. I don't know if that's something others experience...and I wonder if maybe there's something entirely different wrong with me, and not celiac disease. Although, then I think of all the other things and the doubt subsides a little.

But do any of you (or did you) have days when you felt so sick, there was no doubt in your mind ... that you must be celiac disease positive? Or days days when you felt almost half way normal, and started thinking maybe it was all in your head? I do... and then I will have another day, where I think ... OMG... if I could make this go away by never touching gluten again, I'd be so happy.

I'm having one of those days today... as I sit here wondering how a big rock hard red brick got into my tummy. Oh, speaking of weird things like that... I saw a video on Utube last night (when I was looking up endoscopy so I know what I'm in for) and they showed someone having one...and they found A TOOTHBRUSH in the stomach... THE WHOLE DARN THING!!!!!!! WHAT? WHo eats toothbrushes? Wouldn't you notice? LOL OMG! :blink:

Anyway, sorry for rambling... just having one of "those days". :rolleyes:

I feel like the brick in my tummy is constant all the time, feel sick to my stomach constant all the time. But sometimes it is worse than others, and sometimes it feels like there are 2 bricks in there. And I do think it is worse after I eat. I am up for my HIDA scan in the morning, and then food allergy tests in the afternoon and then Thursday I get to get my gene results back. I do have moments when I think it must be celiac, or some gluten intolerance....but since I haven't tried gluten free yet I also wonder. I can't wait to try it...but need to wait just to see if I have to get another endoscopy. Ugh. I hope answers come soon for me, and you too. And I know everyone's experience is different, but for my endoscopy I remember nothing. Just them telling me I may feel a little sleepy soon and I was out. So it wasn't all that bad, went home and slept the rest of the day. Good luck!

I feel like the brick in my tummy is constant all the time, feel sick to my stomach constant all the time. But sometimes it is worse than others, and sometimes it feels like there are 2 bricks in there. And I do think it is worse after I eat. I am up for my HIDA scan in the morning, and then food allergy tests in the afternoon and then Thursday I get to get my gene results back. I do have moments when I think it must be celiac, or some gluten intolerance....but since I haven't tried gluten free yet I also wonder. I can't wait to try it...but need to wait just to see if I have to get another endoscopy. Ugh. I hope answers come soon for me, and you too. And I know everyone's experience is different, but for my endoscopy I remember nothing. Just them telling me I may feel a little sleepy soon and I was out. So it wasn't all that bad, went home and slept the rest of the day. Good luck!

That IS good news, goodnews! :lol: Great to hear you're getting so much done...and you'll have answers in no time. My Endo isn't until 2 more weeks, but I'm just trying to prepare myself so nothing is unknown. I'd rather know what they're going to do before I get there. I've done 3-4 days gluten free... just a couple of 'mini" tests here and there and I noticed a pretty significant difference, so I just can't wait to get the endo behind me, so I can go gluten free. I dream of the day when I feel great!

I hope you have good results with all your tests tomorrow and the next day. Thanks for sharing.. it seems to make it more tolerable and less scary when there are others going through it too, doesn't it? And so many words of wisdom... from people that have been where we are... that really helps me a lot. Let us know how your tests turn out. How come you might have to have a second endo? Good luck and hope the next few days are good ones for you. B)