suziq0805

?s After A Negative Celiac Blood Test

Rate this topic

I had blood tests done for celiac that all came back negative. The following tests were run:

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IGA ANTIBODY

ENDOMYSIAL IGA ANTIBODY SEMI-QUANTITATIVE

GLIADIN PEPTIDE IGG & IGA ANTIBODY SCREEN

IGA

I see other posts about some people getting bloodwork done for celiac but not getting all of the possible tests done. Are there any others that should have been performed?

My 12 month old may have celiac. When he eats wheat/gluten he has terrible vomitting. I have numerous celiac symptoms, but they could also be explained by other reasons. So I'm wondering if I have celiac (but negative bloodwork), have non-celiac gluten sensitivity or just a lot of things that are coincidence. I'm considering trying a gluten-free diet but don't know if there's other tests I should have done first. Are there other tests I should look into?

Would the genetic test be a good option for my son or I?

Can non-celiac gluten sensitivity run in families?

I'm in pretty much the same boat... I had blood work done 2 or 3 months ago (iron, thyroid, and 2 types of antibody tests - no idea which ones), and it all came back negative so I was told I was not celiac but might be allergic to gluten. I couldn't even swallow bread/crackers/etc. without heartburn/nausea and so I went gluten free anyways. Turns out one of my parents was just diagnosed with celiac (asymptomatic), so I assume that's what I have. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat enough to get re-tested, though. I hope you and your son are able to figure out what's causing your reactions! :)