Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChristiL

Gah! Help Me Figure This Out!

I spent the $50.00 and ordered the CeliacSure test. When I talked to my hubby, we both agreed that it can't hurt anything. Lord knows, I could easily spend that eating out in a week, but haven't been doing any of that at all due to his HCG diet and me not knowing what's going to make me sick.

With that said, right after I ordered, I ate dinner. Lean ground beef on some of my homemade dairy free bread and some Lay's potato chips (because they contained no dairy) and an apple. Immediately afterward, I got bloated and gassy and some pain. **it looks like I am eating a lot of "lean ground beef" lately - my hubby is on the HCG diet and is only allowed certain meats and I've been trying to eat what he eats, but add calories to mine. I hate to eat a big ol' plate of bacon and eggs in front of him ;)

SO, I have decided that regardless of what my doc says and regardless of what the test says, I am going to go gluten free and see what happens. Now, my question is: do I have to stay on gluten for the test to come out right? It's a blood test "quantitatively tests detects IgA-tissue transglutaminase (TTG) antibodies in whole blood. False positives are uncommon but occur." It is from Canada and is endorsed by Dr. Leffler. Not sure how long it will take to get here. If it doesn't matter, I would like to stop the gluten like tomorrow!

all those ttg tests are designed to only be positive with a lot of gut damage, so you need to keep eating gluten as the gut heals very quickly. Like the inside of your mouth.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...